Sabtu, 18 Februari 2012

EXPRESSING IN ENGLISH (UNGKAPAN – UNGKAPAN) Part 1


Materi Kelas X Semester 1 

Self introduction
Example 1
Let me introduce myself. 
My name is Aziz Alamsyah. 
I am fifteen years old. 
I'm a student.
My hobby is football.
My friends call me Aziz
I'm from Bekasi
I live at 15 Jalan Rengas Bandung


Example 2
Please allow me to introduce myself
I am Suhenda
I am thirty-three years old
I am a teacher
My hobby is Jogging
My nickname is Henda
I am from Cikarang - Bekasi
I Live at Jl. Rengas Bandung no. 61 


Exercise

Yono
Eddy
Yono
Eddy
: May I …………. Myself? I’m Yono
: How do you do. I’m Eddy
: I’m ………….. to meet you, Eddy.
: …………………………… too, Yono. Thank you

Introducing others 

Example 1

Mr. Jack
:
Mr. Morgan, please allow me to introduce you to Mrs. Sarah. Mrs. Sarah. This is Mr Morgan. Mr. Morgan, this is Mrs. Sarah.
Mr. Morgan
:
How do you do. I’m glad to meet you.
Mrs. Sarah
:
I’m glad to meet you too. Thank you.
Mr. Jack
:
Mrs. Sarah is a General Manager of Manufacture, she comes from Jakarta; and Mr. Morgan is the owner of leather company, he is from Britain.

Example 2


You are a chairman in your class. You want to introduce your new classmate in front of the class.
Chairman
:
Well, everybody. Today we have new classmate, her name is Rahmah. She is from Bandung
Rahmah
:
Good morning, all my friends.
Students
:
Good morning , Rahmah,  nice to meet you
Chairman
:
Well Rahmah, we hope you can study here happily and we hope we will be good friends
Rahmah
:
Thank you. You are very kind.
Chairman
:
You are welcome.


Activity :   Make group of four/five, then make dialogue using the following
          situation and then practice it in front of the class!


1.      You want to introduce your friend to your parents.

2.      You are the leader of the class discussion and you will introduce your friends to the other participant, your members are four persons and you sit in the far right of them.

3.      You are as a presenter in a birthday party and you have to introduce the entertainer who will entertain the audience. (band, clown, magician, traditional dance, etc)


Greetings
Special Expressions



Good morning (formal) is used between 00.00 – 12.00 a.m.

Good afternoon (formal) is used between 12.00 – 00.00 p.m.

Good evening (formal) is used after 06.00 p.m.

Good night (formal) is used when we separate at night

Goodbye (formal) is used when we separate anytime.

I must be off now.

I must leave now.

It’s time to go

It’s to go



Statement

Hi, Hello, Hullo (informal)
How are you?
How are you doing?
How’s life?
How’s everything?
Are you well today?
Nice to meet you.
I must go now.
See you later.
See you tomorrow.
See you again
Bye, bye-bye (informal)
See you.
Call me soon.
Give my regard to …
Keep in touch.
Goodbye/bye
Response

Hi, Hello, Hullo (informal)
I’m very well, thanks.
Just fine/not bad.
Not bad
Very well/I’m OK.
Yes, I’m very well
Nice to meet you, too.
Thank you for coming
See you
See you tomorrow
See you again
Bye, bye-bye
So long
Sure, I will
Of course, I will
I’ll call you soon
Goodbye/see you

Example 1

Yono
Eddy
Yono
Eddy
Yono
Eddy
Yono
: Good morning, students
: Good morning, teacher
: How Are you?
: I’m fine, thank you, and how about you
: I’m very well, thank you
: See you
: See you


1 komentar: